Gooffice?

OK, here's an idea...

I sometimes work in different computers (Mac, Linux, and PC), and synching documents is boring...
I was thinking that it would be great if there was a "Google Office", where I could edit documents online, save them as a part of my gmail space, and download/print/export to pdf if I want to...
The Open Document Format has already several filters (e.g. to import/export to MSWord), so if this was used, and the Gmail/Page Creator editors are already something, all that is needed is the filter from the editor to ODF, tweak the filesystems bit, and presto! Gooffice to go...

There are already similar softwares, but it would be great if it was integrated to the Google family...

Comments

Carlos said…
Well, certainly I'm not the first one to think of something like this...
http://www.goffice.com/
Tanguy said…
Google just bought Writely : http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/03/writely-so.html

Did this inspire your idea ?
Carlos said…
Hi Tanguy,

No, I didn't know about Writely... just got the idea, only after posting went on to check the software that already does this...
Carlos said…
Well, said and done, Google already offers online documents and spreadsheets...

Popular posts from this blog

The Past, Present and Future of Cybernetics and Systems Research

flocking memes...

PhD thesis: "final" version online