Fractal Tessellation


A couple of years ago, while living in Granada, I got inspired by the Moorish patterns at the Alhambra. Playing around with Inkscape, I came up with the idea of a Sierpiński-style fractal that would be more interesting and also tileable. Only recently I put several tiles together, and I was amazed to see that there were more and more patterns emerging as tiles interacted... I can spend hours finding patterns in this image... I should get these tiles for my bathroom...

You can find a high resolution PDF here.

Comments

Carlos said…
A version of this fractal tessellation was used for the cover of the book Complexity: 5 Questions.

Popular posts from this blog

The Past, Present and Future of Cybernetics and Systems Research

flocking memes...

PhD thesis: "final" version online